Stampin' Up! UK demonstrator Peg Coombes

Stampin Up stamps and accessories




Monday 31 May 2010

Hubby's card to me

On 27th May it was Gary's birthday (hubby) and I explained in that post about us not sending cards anymore to each other!


Well a fellow blogger Tracy made a comment about a tradition she and a friend do each year, click on her name to read on her blog about it.

Well, it gave me the idea that I should make a card for Gary to give to me for occasions throughout the year and that's what this card is for, I used the Happy Everything stamp set with soft suede ink and polka dot ribbon on vanilla card, the base is from the Neutrals card pack called Sahara Sand.

The inside tells it all really.............

Everything!!!
So Happy Everything card it is.....
and it fits all occasions!!!

I made a library pocket for the tag to go in and decorated the front using the Speciality Bridesmaid paper and the Mr and Mrs stamp set.  I cut out the stamped frame and used the Stampin' Up! circle punches to layer it up.
Oops! I stamped the bottom of the tag with the little flower stamp from the tiny tags stamp set but didn't get that in the photo! doh!

So there is no excuse anymore I will get this for birthday, valentine etc from now on.....

.............Until tomorrow..........be crafty.........




3 comments:

  1. Thats a great idea Peg!!! I remember my dad made my mum a card out of the back of a weetabix box one year when he forgot an occasion and from then on got it out for every birthday, anniversary etc lol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea teehee. He has no excuse now does he LOL.
    Thanks for linking my post.

    Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if you're going to get the same card for every occasion, might as well make it a gorgeous one!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and I always try to reciprocate! Bloggy love is something that ought to be shared, not hogged. :) Thank you for sharing!