Stampin' Up! UK demonstrator Peg Coombes

Stampin Up stamps and accessories




Saturday 12 June 2010

Tutorial How to make the lily's tutorial

2 Posts today as I thought you might not want to wait.....Although I would love to tell you the lily's were my idea......

I was blog surfing and found them and have been hunting ever since all the lovely comments to find the source...... please if you by some fat chance stumble across my blog let me know and I will give you all the credit....and I hope I do your idea justice....added 13/6/10 see comments

So a tutorial from me it is: ....the first so forgive me for the not so good pictures and hope you understand it!

I used whisper white card and the oval punch to make the petals.

1 piece of whisper white 1" scored in half, punch out 6 for each lily but when you punch only do about 2/3rds this way you will get a pointy petal.

Use a sponge dauber and sponge lightly the score line on both sides and a bit of the outer edge again on both sides using certainly celery.

Sponge one end in So Saffron (this is the centre of the flower)

Lay the petals on top of each other like a fan, attach a little piece of sticky strip on the back of the last one set aside to dry.


For the stamens you need 5 and the easiest way I did this was to fold a piece of 4" x 1" certainly celery card in half length wise and glue it.  Attach a small piece of so saffron folded to the top.and cut slithers do not cut all the way to the top,

then curl the bottom round.





Hold this in the centre of the lily using glue to fix it in place (I used Tombo) and wrap the lily around it, close the lily with the sticky strip on the back.  Curl the petals with a bone folder.  Fiddle around with the stamens until you are happy with them. You can add some dazzling diamonds to the centre of the lily and the tips of the stamens....

Cut off the excess stamens poking out the bottom make sure it is dry or it may fall apart....

Punch out a flower from the boho blossom punch to place at the bottom of the lily
 
 
and cut off 2 scallops to the centre...


glue it to itself ... like the paper roses we all make
and attach it to the bottom of the lily. Hope this all makes sense and let me know how you get on.... if you have any questions;  email or leave a comment.

Oh! the box is an exploding box and I got this tutorial from Scor Pal projects (you can just google scor pal projects and there are a whole heap of them)


Until tomorrow........be crafty......

8 comments:

  1. Ohh what a lovely flower, I'm going to have to give it a go. The tutorial is very clear, tyfs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done instructions very clear :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Peg, thanks for sharing, and well done on your first tutorial..... hope there are many more to come...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab tutorial, many thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I received this email from Linda James, thank you for letting me know
    Hi ,

    I have just seen your blog showing the paper lilies. My sister and I saw the original a few days ago on youtube and thought you might like to know that the original design was by a lady called Sharri on Papercraftloveaffair and she gave Valita permission to video making them on valitasfreshfolds,blogspot.com.

    They are lovely aren’t they? Such clever people about! Love your blog by the way.

    Best wishes. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are stunning, thanks for the tuttorial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing. I am for sure going to give these a go.
    I am on Youtube so much, I always forget to write down where I found it. Mind you so many make tutorials that you never know who was the first to come up with the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make it look so easy - the art of a good demonstrator!
    Really effective, but I don't suppose mine will look as good.
    Well done,
    Les. x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and I always try to reciprocate! Bloggy love is something that ought to be shared, not hogged. :) Thank you for sharing!