Stampin' Up! UK demonstrator Peg Coombes

Stampin Up stamps and accessories




Thursday 3 June 2010

Tango Truck

I came up with this card when I made a mistake with the fold on the scoring!!! I love mistakes don't you?

I was going to do a tri-fold with the Pumpkin pic card and got the score wrong so I looked and thought "idea" I will add some melon mango to the edge and make this type of card (not sure what it's called but the opening is where the scallop edge is.... I punched out two circles in old olive and added silver brads and some linen thread for the fastening and that was the card done...
 The Loads of love pick up truck stamped on Kraft card and then on old olive cut out and I coloured the wheels, door handle and bumper with silver.  I coloured the little person's jumper in pumpkin pie (so cute, he is from the loads of love accessories stamp set and there is a little lady person too). I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to position him right in the driving position.

Things you need to make it from Stampin' Up!

Card - Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Kraft and Melon Mambo
Ink - Old Olive
1/2 inch circle punch
Scallop Edge border punch
Linen Thread

Other : silver pen

............Until tomorrow......... be crafty......

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tango colours are back, yay! Fab card Peg, its amazing when you go to make something and then it magically transforms into something else, Love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card, love the way you've tied the string.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is summery and sweet - love the fastening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say there are never mistakes just more reasons to be creative.
    That card is so cute.
    I used my BIA (for my book journals)and it didn't go as planned so I wove ribbon through the wholes and everyone likes that one the best.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and I always try to reciprocate! Bloggy love is something that ought to be shared, not hogged. :) Thank you for sharing!