Stampin' Up! UK demonstrator Peg Coombes

Stampin Up stamps and accessories




Thursday 27 May 2010

Hubby's Birthday today

No I haven't sent him this card with thanks on..... I don't know why but we stopped sending each other cards, well to be honest HE stopped sending me cards.... I think when I started making them some 15/16/17 years ago, I think he thought I spent so much money on my stuff that he couldn't possibly bring himself to go to a shop and buy one!!! I have tried to get him interested in making one but I am afraid the Golf course is far more of a pull ....... So when I made his cards he used to give them back to me and say you could recycle that and sell it!!!!!

So romantic.......not...... I think that's when I stopped making anything for him so now I show him all the cards I make and say "Oh that one was for your Birthday/valentine,Christmas etc etc etc.

Anyway the one above I used the Solid Stripe stamp available from the mini, the bird and thanks sentiment from the Live Your Dream stamp set.  Choc chip and barely banana card stock and pieces of Linen Thread (13metres for £3.25) and I made the little tag from Very Vanilla card.

...........Until tomorrow.......... be crafty....


4 comments:

  1. Another great card Peg.

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty Card.
    Hubby never, well OK, VERY rarely gives me a card either.
    My SIL have a funny card tradition. You can read about it here if you want.
    http://tracystreasures-tracy.blogspot.com/2010/04/today-was-my-sil-and-friend-sharons-54.html

    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you've done with the Solid Stripes BG stamp - it makes a great border. I think you should sulk until he makes you a card...!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and I always try to reciprocate! Bloggy love is something that ought to be shared, not hogged. :) Thank you for sharing!