Stampin' Up! UK demonstrator Peg Coombes

Stampin Up stamps and accessories




Saturday 31 July 2010

Tutorial on Little swap box's

Phew!! week over and really went so quickly, it's nice to be home and I really appreciate being here.

I had a request from Gill and a couple of other ladies on how I made the little swap box's I made for our quarterly training,  so I thought I would do a little tutorial on here, they are really quite simple so here goes......

This is a picture of my swaps

What you need is some card stock and designer paper or plain paper stamped with your own design, when I made mine for the swaps I did a combination of both.

I used the Night and Day designer paper available in the mini catalogue and basic black, whisper white card stock for mine in this tutorial



2" x 7" piece of card stock scored at 1", 2", 4" and 5"
2" x 7.5" piece of dsp scored at 2", 3", 5" and 6".

Attach glue/double sided (whatever your preference is) to the short end of card stock.
I used the scallop border punch to decorate the short edge of the dsp

Attach glue/double sided to dsp on the larger edge and wrap the dsp around the card box as shown


Then put some glue on the box as shown




This is the box open with 4 after eight mints inside and one empty packet on the side!!! not sure what happened to that?




I stamped the thank you stamp from Say It With Scallops twice in basic black on whisper white and cut out the inner square to 3d it on the front of the other punched out using the square scallop punch. I attached a couple of half dimensional's just to the bottom corners so that you can close the lid behind it and thread the ribbon through the middle.
 
You can obviously decorate yours how you wish.  If you do make any I would love to see what you do.

This is my finished box complete with white grosgrain ribbon.

Any questions leave me a comment or email me.

......Until tomorrow....... be crafty......


5 comments:

  1. This is really clever, now I wonder where that after eight might have gone...........hmmm:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Peg! Great tutorial.Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Peg these are fab, I love them! Thanks for the tutorial, if it can hold chocs I love it.....lol

    Hugs
    Vicki x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peg - these are beautiful! Will have to have a go and get some after eight mints to try with them! x

    You may just see yourself on my blog later this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this little box. Can't wait to try this out for myself. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and I always try to reciprocate! Bloggy love is something that ought to be shared, not hogged. :) Thank you for sharing!